Hello and welcome all over again to A guarantee , TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind their headlines.
Immediately had the whole crew hereto to record: Grace or Chris making us appeal, Danny to provide levity, Natasha to actually recall facts furthermore Alex to divert users from staying on study. It’s teamwork, people — and our transitions can be found proof of it.
And it’s good that any of us had everyone around the essential table, as there was a large amount00 to get through:
- The team felt all kinds of how about the Amazon-MGM deal . Some of us are more positive compared to a rest, but what gists out of the transaction is that for The marketplace of amazon, the purchase price is modest and also the company is famously actively playing a supposedly long-game. Time to see how James Bond fits into everything. Alex receives four details for not bringing up F1 due to the Bond-Aston Martin connection.
- Turning to the SPAC game, we chatted on the recent Lordstown Motors earnings result , and what we can parse from them regarding blank-check companies , promises and reality.
- After launching lastly June with just $2 million, Collab Capital has it is not open its debut fund at its target goal : fifty bucks million. The Black-led erfahren invests exclusively in Black-led startups, and got checks hailing from Apple, PayPal and Mailchimp to name a few. We talk about this particular feat, and note a few other Black-led venture capital firms carrying out waves in the industry lately.
- We Resolved regular transition puns and eventually spoke about the Affirm spin-out, of which raised $60 million in a financing round for BNPL for businesses. There are a bigger size questions there around the variety and point of BNPL, and if it’s really re-inventing the wheel or just repackaging it with simpler UX.
- Next up, we have into a can of red worms about the future of meetings because of the Rewatch, which raised a 20 dollars million Series A this week led basically Andreessen Horowitz. The new helps other startups manifest internal, private YouTubes to assist you archive their meetings and then any video-based comms. We’re able to only spend a second concerning, so if you want our more space thoughts in the form of text, check out our own three views on the topic on Extra Emergency! (Discount Code: Equity)
- From there we had Interactio and Fireflies. ai , two more startups may well be tackling the complexities and are generally meetings in the COVID-19 technology, and whatever comes second. Both recently raised absolutely new funding, and Alex brought up Kudo to add one additional upstart to the mix.
- Noom, a weight loss shopping cart, bulked up with $540 million while funding once nearly doubling its taking from 2019 to 2020. The pandemic has made quite a few people gain weight, but we nip into why Noom’s occasion might be right now after a ten years in the works.
Thanks for hanging out immediately, Equity is back on Tuesday with our usual weekly kickoff, thanks to the American holiday relating to Monday. Chat then, until you want to follow us on 社交网站twitter and get a new first-look at all of Chris’ meme work.