Hello and welcome return to Equity , TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, a great deal of we unpack the numbers at the rear of the headlines.
Natasha and Danny and Alex and Grace were all below to chat through the week’s strongest tech happenings. This week felt strangely comforting from a tech news intelligence: Facebook is copying something, early-stage startup data is flawed enough things to talk about and sweet DoorDash is considered buying robots for undisclosed sumirize.
So , here’s an important rundown of the tech news we have into (as always, jokes aren’t previewed so you’ll have to listen to using the show to get our critique as Award Winning Analysis*):
- Ethena raising $2 million more meant for corporate training that is not awful, then Zeta boosting $1. 5 million for couples’ banking . Natasha has been very effective at the early-stage beat lately.
- How seed data may possibly getting harder and harder to parse from Alex’s worktable , and why VC knowledge in general is dicey, from Danny’s . Almost all discuss if directional data has uses, and why the limited numbers could have a cultural impact on area code.
- Reddit raises $250 million , but nonetheless , doesn’t tell us who the ended up being are and what the money is exactly going to. Still, the company has had brewing up year so far, so the capital offers an interesting time.
- Proporcionado, an online grocery based in Mexico, raises $65 thousand thousand as the pandemic will continue to shake up the way we live as shop.
- DoorDash buys a greens robot , which brings Natasha nostalgia and Danny anger.
- The inverted SoftBank J-Curve thesis is a must-listen and discover.
- And from the substantive dating, a big M& A deal that shortened our attention , and the latest from the Bumble IPO .
In good news, long-time Equity source Chris Gates is back starting in a few days, which means we’ll have our strongest crew ever helping get the screen put together. And, in other good news, there are going to be more Equity than ever commence hear. Coming soon.
Equity drops every Monday support 7: 00 a. m. PST and Thursday afternoon as fast as we can make it out, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts , Overcast , Spotify and all ones casts.
*OK, so not award-winning yet. Nevertheless soon enough, because manifestation works.