Hello and consequently welcome back to Equity , TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, at any place we unpack the figures behind the headlines.
The whole team was most aboard for this recording, which has Sophistication and Chris behind the scenes, and Danny , Alex and Natasha on the mics. There were to cut more than we preloaded this week, which should give you a sensible way forward of how busy the startups and VC worlds could be of late.
Remember to are following the podcast on Tweets , where we piece all sorts of memes and nicks and, perhaps, the occasional television here and there. That aside, add rundown:
- Investing legend David Swenson passed away.
- Twitter is buying Scroll (neat, very cool) as part of its subscription push, but also killing Nuzzel in the act (bad, very uncool). Natasha and Danny fill regarding in on why Nuzzel will be missed. Alex boasts thoughts on why Twitter-Scroll is.
- Epic bought ArtStation and cut his marketplace take rate. Extremely effective future, says Danny, who exactly throws his own estimates into, too.
- Nintendo and Discord are tying out after the Microsoft-Discord deal fell apart.
- Edtech is doing the edtech thing in which it raises currency and consolidates, as given by Kahoot’s latest scoop.
- A friend of pod, Jomayra Herrera, is getting accepted into Reach Capital as its first-ever outside-partner work with.
- Uber may be teaming up with Arrival for ride-hailing-designed electric instruments. We’re pretty bullish for the idea. Also Alex likes to say “microfactories. ”
- IVF startups can be raising venture capital, and this occasion it might be Alife Health that we’re talking about.
- WorkBoard raised again . Alex once again made unites states talk about OKR-focused startups . He needs to get a life-style, and so does the rest of the Equity team, which fought to carry out the transition into this fact segment.
- To get rid of, we spoke about Leda Health, a new startup specific to at-home rape kits available for sexual assault survivors. It’s a debatable company , and we settle critiques and opportunities,
And that is our show! No private equity finance deal can slow each of our Equity team down, meaning we’ll see you Monday!